Gerald Robert Cowell was born on 5th June, 1898 in Saffron Walden, Essex.
In 1914, at the age of 16, he had a bicycle accident and for three days lay in a semi-conscious state and faced eternity.
As a result he turned to the Lord.
Around 1915, he came into fellowship with the brethren at Debdon Green, near Thaxted, Essex.
At 18, during World War I, he served in the army as a conscientious objector. After the war he was employed as a Civil Servant.
Around 1920 he married Irene May Holding and they settled in Hornchurch, Essex, living there for the rest of his life. They had two sons Alan and Brian.
He died on 19th February, 1963.
Memorials of the Ministry of G.R. Cowell
- Volume 1 - God's Relations with Men (Aberdeen 1958) (contents)
- Volume 2 - Greatness (Toronto, 1957) (contents)
- Volume 3 - The Lord Jesus as seen in the Revelation (Bristol, 1957) (contents)
- Volume 4 - The Sabbath of Rest (Belfast, 1958) (contents)
- Volume 5 - Devotion by Vow (Reigate, 1958) (contents)
- Volume 6 - God With Us (Bournemouth, 1955) (contents)
- Volume 7 - Progress in Recovery (Newcastle, 1959) (contents)
- Volume 8 - Ordering of the Camp (Doncaster, 1960) (contents)
- Volume 9 - Purification and Life (Exeter, 1958) (contents)
- Volume 10 - The Gospel of the Glory (Sydney, 1959) and Filled with the Full Knowledge of God's Will (Melbourne, 1959) (contents)
- Volume 11 - A Christian's Relationship with God (Addresses, 1936-53) (contents)
- Volume 12 - The Grace and Government of God in Days of Recovery (Edinburgh, 1956) (contents)
- Volume 13 - Addresses and Readings (1938-57) (contents)
- Volume 14 - Addresses and Readings (1936-57) (contents)
- Volume 15 - The Times of the Nations (Croydon, 1957) (contents)
- Volume 16 - Addresses (1942-50) and The Assembly in Paul's Epistles (Manchester, 1956) (contents)
Ministry of G.R. Cowell Booklets
From "The Way Everlasting"
From "Words of Grace and Comfort"
From "The Divine System" series
- The Servant of the Lord (Nonnington, 1941)
- God's Name And God's Praise (London, 1954)
- The Family, the Body and the Temple (New York, 1957)
- Our Access into the Presence of God (Singapore, 1959)
- Appreciation of Christ and His Sufferings in View of God's Praise (Croydon, 1961)
- Foundations (Portsmouth, 1961)
- Christ in us (Portsmouth, 1961)
- Habitation of God in the Spirit (Stourbridge, 1961)
- The Priest with Urim and with Thummim (Hull, 1961)
- The Shepherd And Bishop Of Our Souls (Newton Abbott, 1961)
- The Gospel and the Church (Plymouth, 1961)
- God is One (Glasgow, 1961)
- Four Aspects of the Call (Watford, 1961)
- Lay Hold of Eternal Life (Watford, 1961)
- Rest, Life, Food, Drink (Ventnor, 1961)
- The Divinely Established System (St. Leonards, 1962)
- The Divine System (Enfield, 1962)
- Fellowship (Enfield, 1962)
- As a Man Thinketh in His Heart, So is He (Cirencester, 1962)
- The Wall of the City (Cirencester, 1962)
- Nazariteship (Barking, 1962)
- Let Him That Boasts, Boast in the Lord (Barking, 1962)
- God's Chief Interest On Earth (Airdrie, 1962)
- Christ as Foundation, Structure and Headstone (Airdrie, 1962)
- Devotion to God and His Chief Interest on Earth - The House of God (Exeter, 1962)
- Our Standing on Divine Ground (Ipswich, 1962)
- Loving Righteousness (Ipswich, 1962)
- The Knowledge of the Son of God (Bournemouth, 1962)
- The System, Position and Path (Alnwick, 1962)
- Activities in which we are to Engage (Alnwick, 1962)
- The Unveiling of the Glories of Jesus Christ (Chelmsford, 1962)
- Issues Involved in Present Exercises (Chelmsford, 1962)
- Levitical Service (Croydon, 1963)
- The Testimony of our Lord (Croydon, 1963)
- Living Water (Marlow, 1963)
- Living Bread (Marlow, 1963)
- Sound Teaching, Sound Words, Sound Mind (Marlow, 1963)
- The Body, The Kingdom, The House (Birmingham, 1963)
- Communion with God (South Shields, 1963)
- Running, Walking, Standing (South Shields, 1963)
- Anchor of the Soul (South Shields, 1963)